As digital transformation has drawn our world closer, the time from product development to market entry has shortened drastically. Where it once took months or years to go from the drawing board to shipping products, today’s fast-paced marketplace requires a faster approach. One option for many companies is to outsource their machining, rather than make a high-cost upfront investment in machinery, real estate, and manpower. At CMI Technology, we’ve helped many clients bring their products to life through our contract machining services.
What is Contract Machining?
Product developers without their own manufacturing capabilities will sometimes outsource to a contract manufacturer. Original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) also frequently subcontract various components out to contract shops. At CMI Technology, we’ve worked with numerous clients who didn’t have the time, resources, or desire to establish or expand their own operations. By working with us for contract machining, our customers receive the benefit of fast and efficient part completion without costly investments in labor and equipment.
Contract machining allows product owners to move quickly from ideation to production and sales. Our customers provide us with a prototype or design, and we see if there is any way we can improve it before starting production. Once a finished design is developed and agreed upon, we begin production and allow you to focus on revenue generating tasks and other core competencies, such as marketing and sales.
CMI Technology Contract Machining Capabilities & Process
CMI has significant experience in contract machining. We can act as a tier 1, 2 or 3 supplier as needed by our customers. Our experienced technicians and machinists can translate your digital files into instructions for our advanced machining equipment, ensuring accurate and repeatable production of your goods and components.
We have worked with customers across a range of industries and applications, making it easy for us to find effective solutions for your contract machining needs. Some of these include:
- Customer Products
- Hot Glass
CMI has developed an extensive machining portfolio, with capabilities including:
- CNC milling
- CNC turning
- 3D programming/data exchange
- Engineering design and documentation
- Rapid prototyping machining
- High-precision machining for a diverse selection of materials
- Extremely tight tolerances
- Machining castings and forgings
- Single prototypes to large production runs
- Exceptional part quality
- Cost-effective machining with quick turnarounds
- Reverse engineering
Benefits of Contract Machining
Contract machining with CMI Technology offers a broad range of benefits:
- We can work with you as a primary provider, or act as an overflow provider to help you keep up with unexpected demand.
- Machining solutions from CMI are cost-effective, saving you money in the long run.
- CMI owns an advanced fleet of machining equipment, allowing us to move quickly on production.
- You get quality products without the hassle of implementing in-house production.