Off-the-shelf gauging products often can’t meet the unique needs of some industrial applications. In these situations, CMI Technology’s experienced precision machining professionals can develop a custom gauging option tailored to the needs of an operation. We offer a wide range of custom gauging capabilities and processes to ensure that industrial businesses can acquire the solutions they need.
CMI Technology Custom Gauging Capabilities & Process
When a ready-made solution is not available, the experts at CMI Technology team will collaborate closely with the customer to gather all of the details about the application. Once we have the relevant measurements and other information, our engineering team will create the best possible solution.
When you work with CMI Technology, we’ll streamline the development and manufacturing process to ensure you receive your custom gauges as quickly as possible. We work with orders of all sizes, from prototyping to high-volume production. CMI provides reliable solutions, quality customer service, and seamless delivery, making it easy for you to place and receive your order.
Forms of Gauging
At CMI Technology, we offer three types of custom gauges to support a broad range of process needs, including:
- Manual – Experienced machine operators load the gauge manually.
- Semi-automatic – An operator controls the equipment in conjunction with limited automation systems, augmenting the user.
- Automatic – Automated systems handle the entire production, boosting efficiency.
Why Custom Gauging?
There are numerous reasons to use custom gauging instead of standard gauging. For example, many applications across automotive, aerospace, and other complex manufacturing sectors have highly specific tolerance requirements that cannot be verified or measured with standard gauging solutions.
Some of the reasons our customers turn to us for custom gauging often include:
- Accuracy – They have a need for very precise measurements that cannot be achieved with standard gauging products.
- Application – Part geometry, depth of measurement, or similar issues cannot be resolved with standard gauging products.
- Ease of use – Standard gauging products have proven too complex or inconvenient for the specific measurement task.
- Cleanliness of parts – There is a need to avoid cross-contamination between the gauging product and the parts being measured.
- Manufacturing processes – The custom gauging needs to be made from specific materials or to handle specific conditions in manufacturing.